The promoter of this service is the Association for Interactive Media & Entertainment of 28 Foundry Street, Brighton, BN1 4AT.
This privacy statement should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions which may be accessed by clicking on T&C at the foot of this page.
Your right to privacy is important to us.
We aim to strike a fair balance between your personal privacy and ensuring that you obtain full value from our services.
We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that we comply with all protection that legislation affords to you.
What information do we collect?
We may collect two basic types of information:
- Personally identifying information eg: name, address, email address, mobile telephone number;
- Non-personally identifying information eg: when you visit our web site we may record the pages you browse by the use of “cookies” (see further below)
We may ask you to give us your name, email address, mobile telephone number and other personal information that will be needed to supply our services to you. The provision of this information also enables us to respond more efficiently to any enquiries or complaints you may have.
How do we use your information?
The information you give us is used in a variety of ways, including:
- to send you promotional material relevant to our services and generally for the several purposes set out in the published T&C’s
- to promote and advertise new services to you;
- to enable you to receive details of new services from our Affiliates with whom we have a commercial relationship;
- to prepare user profiles – this assists us in ensuring that our services are tailored to your preferences;
- to improve on our services and this web-site and to develop additional web-sites;
- to provide you with updates regarding our services and other services we or our Affiliates run;
- credit checking;
- age verification and anti-fraud prevention
Who do we disclose your information to?
The following persons may have access to your information;
- our employees insofar as they need to know such information in order to provide our services and related membership benefits to you;
- other members of our “Group” (if any) which for the purpose Privacy Statement shall mean any company or other entity in which we own more than 15% of the issued share capital;
- regulators and law enforcement agencies;
- third party service providers with whom we have a commercial relationship. We will only pass your information to trustworthy persons.
Transferring your information and Security
We do our best protect your personal data including, where appropriate, through to use of encryption technology but we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose. Communications by email or telephone are not secure unless encrypted. We cannot accept any responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right, where reasonable to do so, to transfer your personal information to other members of our Group or third party service providers located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as in the EEA and where this is the case we will exercise all reasonable endeavours to ensure your privacy rights are respected.
We want to provide you with a first class service. We appreciate from time to time, even though we use every reasonable effort, a problem may arise. In such an eventuality, we want you to feel that you can contact us for a full and complete response. You can contact us in a number of ways – click on Contact Us at the top of this page.
You have the right to know if we hold your personal data and if we do, the users to which it is put. We may charge an administration fee in connection with any request for such information and presently this is £10.